Colorado, part 2

I'm not even going to bother apologizing for not writing since September!  What else do you expect from me by now?!

I'm just going to pick up where I left off...in Colorado.

The day after we went to Hanging Rock, we went to the Royal Gorge.


Many of us walked across the bridge, facing a deep-seated and life-long fear of heights.  This wasn't made any better by the fact that if you looked down, you could see between boards, down the dizzying distance to the river below!

Will decided to face his fear and just go.  Sam dealt with his fear the way he deals with most of life, by talking all the way.  My dad - who has long wanted to walk across this bridge - took his time and enjoyed it all, placing his trust in engineering.  And figuring that if the bridge had held up all this time, the odds were in our favor for it lasting through our visit.


It did.

These two crazy kids took a zip-line across the gorge!  Nothing but a canvas sling between them and a thousand foot plunge!  

(That number is merely symbolic.  I don't remember how far down it really is.)


When we were all back on the visitor's center side of the gorge, we took this family photo.

Don't we look gorge-ous?

You didn't think I could resist THAT, did you?


Comments

Popular Posts