Welcome Spring!

According to the calendar, we are in the season of "spring."  Most of us - in the northern half of the U.S., at least - have yet to experience much spring-like weather.

I know that our friends in Minnesota and Wisconsin are enjoying a lovely fresh layer of snow, but here, we finally have a day that feels like spring: chilly but warm enough to dispense with the parka, rainy but with occasional sun peeking through.  

(Basically, it's like England's weather, year-round.)


So, I've put a few spring-y touches around the house, like a new chalkboard sign,


a bunch of white tulips on the dining room table,

and, perhaps most shocking and dramatic of all,


I removed the little snowflakes from the mantle and added a pretty, pink wreath on one side.

Okay, not dramatic or shocking, but even subtle changes can help.  Right?  

I can't say that spring has sprung here, but I can say that today spring feels like a definite possibility.


Comments

Popular Posts