The Dress



A few people have commented on and wondered about this beautiful dress Evie wore for her baptism.

It is not a family heirloom, although I hope it will be.


When Johanna was born, I really wanted a beautiful christening gown for her baptism.  

Actually, I had begun to think about it when William was born, arguing that even boys wear christening gowns, but John absolutely forbade it, and I think it was for the best.  I've traumatized my boys enough with other things without doing that to them.

So, when I knew I was having a girl, I knew I needed a gorgeous dress for her baptism.  

I found a pattern and materials, and recruited our good friend, Jody, to make it for us.  She did a beautiful job on it.

I don't have any digital pictures of Johanna wearing the gown, but if I can find any prints, I'll try to put one up here later.



So, it's not like generations of our family have worn it, but I hope future generations will wear it.

Well, maybe just the girls.

Comments

  1. Chad wouldn't let me gown our boys either. But I managed to find a white short suit that each of our boys wore. Fiona wore a lovely white dress with a bonnet. Your Evie looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts